Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Dog Strikes Back

Catching some Air in Aurora
We were riding our bikes down the road about as normally as you can while wearing a suit, when all of the sudden comes the dog. Not just any dog, but the same one that had hungered for my flesh previously. Legend has it that it has been searching for me every since that fateful day when the cord attached to its neck saved my life. It ran at me with increased ferocity as it recalled the time it had almost killed me. With teeth chopping and tail wagging, its small little feet hurled its disproportionate body at the frame of my bike. As I screamed like a little girl, my new companion Elder McKenzie came along side of me to end the dog's incessant yapping. But before he reached my side, I had a boost of courage and faith, and I swung my leg in the direction of the noise that now haunts my nightmares, nearly throwing myself of the bike. My foot hit something, be it the dog or the pavement I am not sure , but whatever it was it displayed my leg strength enough to frighten this overgrown spawn of a possum-dog hybrid. (And I also showed myself, that 30 minutes of exercise every morning has done wonders for my bod and leg strength.) I heard yaps in the distances as we peddled out of its sight, but I don't think for a minute this will be the last we see of that disgusting creature.

In other news things are going well. I am in charge and was very nervous about that. But like it has been said since olden times, the Lord qualifies whom He calls. I have felt an outpouring of His spirit guiding me and helping me know where to go, what members can help us and what to say. It has been a great strength to my testimony and to this area. We have worked hard and our goal is to work even harder. I was worried about that too, but like the talk giving by President Eyring, ( I think), about the truck that was stuck, it was the load in the back of the truck that helped. I have been more focused and have felt the love Heavenly Father has for His children more here than I have ever before and I can't wait to feel that more as I continue to serve him.

Thanks for the prayers and for the packages! It is very kind for you all to be thinking about me!

Love you all,
Elder Thomas     






      



No comments:

Post a Comment