Monday, February 2, 2015

I Feel Like an '80's Punk Rocker



In the wise words of the young boy in my ward, "my goodness, what happened to your eye?!"




As one may view from my eye. I feel like David Bowie. My eye looks like mascara is smeared everywhere. The past few days could easily be summed up in the few words of a small boy who say my eye at church: "Oh my goodness, what happened to your eye?" 

So here is what happened. An exchange in Cassville at a Ward party, playing soccer with the youth. The game was close, the stakes were high. 1-1, with not much time. A low ball was kicked and it was between me and a Hispanic teen. The only training I had was with Elder Vest and he hadn't taught me much but I did remember that headers were more impressive, so I bent down at the moment the teen brought his knee up. As my face connected with his knee cap a bolt of lightnning shot through the sky and we both collapsed on the field. I stood up dribbled the ball down and kicked a goal bending it like Beckman and the stands cleared and the fans lifted me in the air cheering... not really I woke up in the hosptial. Hahaha, just kidding. I was fine I stood up and watched the teen kick it down and score a goal. I lost the game, my pride and my sight. But all in all the week was good. My favorite scripture comes to mind as I tell this story. go read it, because that is what I did next. Philippians 3:13-14. I went and taught some more people and told them I got in a fight when they asked about my eye.


Have a good week!
I love you all, your prayers for me help me more than you can imagine!
Love,
Elder Thomas 
Traditional 6 month tie burning...


Making friends where 'ere he goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment