Friday, September 18, 2015

Carthage

We rolled into Carthage and we saw the water tower first. That was how I knew I was in a familiar place. The small city life style and anti-gun control vibe always makes me feel welcome. I don't have a lot of time today or I would saw more, but I do have one story.

 A man bore his testimony in Church today. He was in his 60's and wobbled up to the podium with his eyes teary. The Spirit was strong and he was obviously feeling it. We began to tell us that he was going to tell us a story and allow the Spirit to teach us. He supported what the two prior speakers said and joined them in testifying of modern Prophets and temple attendance.

 He said that when he was a branch president in a near by town, the Stake President announced that they would be going to the temple every month and he needed to lead the branch in following this counsel. He was nervous, with six young children at home and a busy farm it would be extremely difficult. He sat down with his family and came up with a plan. He and his wife would leave the farm in the care of there boys who couldn't have been older than a 7th grader and the oldest daughter would skip school and watch the young babies. He wept and told us the Lord would always provide a way. Always. I have had no experience whatsoever in rearing children or cattle but the Spirit touched my heart and I wept with him.

 The Spirit is strong here in the Carthage ward and it reminds me of a home with a similar feeling. I know the Lord will always provide us with a way out.

     Thank you for your prayers and support, I love you all!
Adios
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment