Monday, March 28, 2016

Carthage Again!



Ian with Elder Anderson back in Carthage! Photo credit Lupita Vazquez

 The teenage-ish weather returned. Hot days to cold days. Our AC unit and heater are just as confused as I am hearing about politics, sports and the news in general. We get about 20% of the information on just about everything. However I like being out of the loop, everything that is in the loop is depressing, stressing and down right mind messing. Not knowing about the world news is relaxing sometimes. Things here in Monett are going well, even with the crazy weather.


     We went back to Carthage. Exchanges in past areas are the best things since massage chairs in cars. We visited "E" and her niece that was baptized when I was there. She ran in saw me and said, "Tia! Tia! Can I go play with my friend?... oh, hi Elder Thomas. Tia! Tia!" I received a warm welcome from the 9 year old. Haha, later we talked more and the family is overcoming their trials.

     On Saturday we went back again for a baptism. I walked inside the church and helped set up a little and then saw a really short Guatemalan lady walk in with a whole hoard of little kids. It was "N" and she was getting baptized. We worked a lot with her and she finally made the decision. She had faith it was right and it was a really cool time to be there. All the Spanish group came and they all said hello and told me to eat more beans to fix my skinniness. A lady that was a 'miracle find' said she missed us and that she was planning to be baptized too. I am really excited to see that area grow more and more! 

     Thank you for your prayers and support. I know the Lord loves us all and I know He really was resurrected. The tomb is empty and we should all be happier because of that.

Adios,  Elder Thomas



Zone Leader Elder Thomas with his Zone and Mission President



















Elder Thomas and Elder Millett on Easter the wonderful Hughlett family fed them!  Thanks for the photo Hughlett family!

No comments:

Post a Comment