Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Where has the time gone? One month down!

It has already been a month! I has flown by, those guys were right the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days! wow!
     
This week has been great! As I have prayed read my scriptures and worked with my companion we have taught the gospel. It is great, and now that I have gotten used to the food, environment and people I am about to leave. I cant wait to go to Oklahoma but I am very scared, but the scriptures say fear not for I am God lean not on thy own understanding, after reading something like that how can you be worried.

This week as we were studying our sister district came into our room, this doesn't usually happen but they all came in and one of them sang for us. An Elder that I don't know all that well sang with them too. When he finished, his companion had tears in his eyes, and then the Elder that sang told us he was going home. He told us all that we were the real heroes but he was wrong. He is the hero to me. He is the most courageous man I have ever met. It takes courage to leave your family but it takes so much more courage and faith to go back and clean up your act. What a Christ like example. I know he will be back.

This week I found the greatest lasagna in the world. This place has such good food. I eat and eat and eat. I have probably gained more weight. Don't expect me to come back the same, when I come back I will probably look more like George Costanza than Ian. Stocky, short and for some reason wear glasses, maybe I'[ll get in a fight and lose an eye or something, so maybe George Costanza with an eye patch, that would be pretty cool. 

Last night there was a down pour, our house was shaking with the thunder! I love the rain here and I have grown to love this city even though I haven't really seen much of it. We sit in a small valley between two mountains much like the ones at home. In the morning the clouds dance around the mountains like the waves of the sea, it is beautiful. I get the best of both landscapes. Mountains and the sky.  We can hear the pueblo that sleeps on the mountain behind nuestra casa come to life on Sundays singing and dancing. It will be hard to leave here and leave my companion and friends in my district. I have been so blessed, I have learned from them and their example, how blessed I am. 

Grandma, I was able to read your emails and I have not stopped my tears at all, I cry all the time. I feel the spirit in hymns, the sacrament, the scriptures these emails, your prayers, my prayers, I am always crying. Don't worry I have not fought the tears.

Dad, golfing sounds sweet, and so does biking I miss biking more than most things. I cant wait to get to the campo where i can ride a bike yo deseo.  And yes I'm serious about my weight, Wade Hansen told me he can see it when I turn my head he says my neck is fat.

Isaac, that picture of the giraffe is great. save that because I need to see that news story.

Gabe, I understand you are undergoing some brother strength training. I would only suggest do ten hop squats every time you hear a frog croak. Your training will pay off. 

Gavin, I want to play golf with you man it sounds sweet. Join Gabe in the training, it will help him to have a back up if things go south.

Mom, I have heard that Emerson quote while I've been here. I have felt that strength. I have seen the hand of God in my life every day. things are not easy here at all, but I am not the only one who has gone through them. I have felt His strength and help as I have been learning Spanish and the doctrine of this gospel. We watched a talk by Elder Holland, at the end he said all this, all this life, this church, this work comes down to one question, Do you love Him. If you do you will do His work in His church and give your life to Him. So the only thing anyone has to do to find the truth is ask, Do you love Him. And then as it says in Moroni 10 4 and 5, you will know by the power of the Holy Ghost what to do. I have asked and I have found out why I am here and anyone else who wants to know can do the same and you will receive and answer. I know this church is true, I know it and I know it will help the people who need it. 
I love you all and I miss you all, but in the words of Elder J my good friend and zone leader, I want to go home but I want to go home in two years. 

Until next week,
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment