Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Diez! Push Ups, Soap Experiments and Costco Pizza

This week a new rule was introduced into the district. If anyone speaks English, you have to do 10 push ups. yes only ten. you speak in English someone will yell DIEZ! Last night I had to do 70. So if my writing is worse than usual, that is why. I hear Diez! in my sleep i fear that word more than i fear the phrase, `You'll want to go to BYU at the end of this!` Haha, just kidding. 

This week has been full of push ups, tie traders and spiritual talks. One night Elder B, an elder in my district from Las Vegas, were talking and all the sudden a loud knock was at the puerta. I opened it expected an emergencía or something, but it was just a handful of guys trading ties. That is big here. trading ties, I don't quite get it but whatever. So these guys break into our lockers and closets and demand to see our ties. I didn't trade any but i did offer that jar of peanut butter you gave me Mom. However it was fast Sunday the next day so no one was interested. 
     Across the hall we have a bit of a problem. the Elders who live there might not wash their hands. Because we all live in a tight space sometimes we have to go use the other guys baño, to shower, but every time we went in the other guys baño, their soap was in the same place. We were frightened because we shake hands with them occasionally. So we performed an experiment. We put a piece of paper on the bottom of their soap with the hopes that the next day it would be gone. This morning when we looked, it was still there. We have concluded they don't wash their hands, however a new experiment is being performed as we speak, we put some powder under it and we will check it tonight.

          Elder B let me borrow a talk he brought with him. The Fourth Missionary. I just finished reading it this morning. This talk has had a profound impact on me this week. It focuses on donating your entire will, all of your wants, desires and wishes to the Lord. And have faith that if you give up everything, even your thoughts for your mission, He will bless you in wonderful ways. I have been working on that and hope to become closer to the spirit and closer to Him.

Metzger, to answer your question no I'm not gaining weight. All the guys in my district think i eat so much, but the food here is great and i thought eating a whole pizza was reasonable, right? they have Costco pizza here on Tuesdays, oh wait today is Tuesday, Sweet! 

Gabe, your email letter was devoured by technology, i got part of it in an email but the rest of it has become subject to the natural forces that be. it looks like it might have glitched, but i could read that part about you  pre-ordering that game and am stoked to play it with you when i get back! i think they might send me another letter along with the email you sent me, i will look for it and let you know.

Mom, the food is great, always good, i always gets seconds, its usually some mix of Mexican food with an American twist. Pollo con mole is fantastic and last night we had lasagna and i ate a whole pan i think,the classes are about three hours long or so and we have breaks every once in a while, we cant leave the facility but we hear music and cannons on Saturdays, thatss how we know what day it is. the days turn into months and the months are going to turn into years, but while I'm at the CCM sometimes it just feels like I'm still. The spirit helps me take it one day at a time and realize why I'm here and how many people are praying for me. I can feel their prayers and love. Thank you for praying and thinking of me. I can feel you thoughts and your wishes for me to do well. Thank you for allowing me to leave you for two years.

i love you all and will write again,
Adios,
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment