Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Yellow Shirts, Nacho Libre Chariots and Enchanted Umbrellas

Yes I did. I turned all of my shirts yellow, because of my hangers. The hangers were yellow and the dye came off on my shirts but don`t fret. They sell bleach here and everything is ok, mom. Thank you all for the letters and emails. I hope to be able to write back to you all but I only have an hour on the computer but I have all the time in the world for letters. My district leader ran into our classroom a couple of days ago holding a couple of letters and said whose are they? We all guessed and then he handed them all to me. They were all mine, no one else got any. So while feeling a little sorry for the others who didn't get any, I was very happy to hear from you all.

Where to start, well thank you for sending me donuts mom, they were awesome and thank you for the letter Aunt Debby. My whole district helped me eat them. 


 This week has been full of blessings. A moment later it began to rain, it rains here everyday without fail at 4 pm, unless Elder T brings his enchanted umbrella, ( his neighbor gave him oils to ward off sickness but they got poured on his umbrella and now every time he has it it doesn't rain, weird? oh yeah.), but anyway, it rained hard. I didn't have my umbrella and got soaked. My companion didn't share his umbrella this made me frustrated. 

My district is awesome. They all are very fun to hang out with and talk to. At gym time we all play volleyball together, and due to my natural athletic ability I am absolutely terrible at it. But I love it. There is nothing like being locked in a classroom for hours on end and then being able to play volleyball. I'ts awesome. One of them, Elder E from Arizona tells me at testimony meetings he will give me ten pesos if I don't cry. I have lost quite a bit of money. It is hard to not cry when you are close to the spirit all the time in the mission field.  Spanish is coming along.

The CCM is a large place, it is very well kept and full of strange wildlife. Birds that are weird colors and trees that are massive but mostly dead, it is so cool to be in a new environment. It is quite the adventure. I love it here. And there are many days that are rough but I know that I would regret it everyday for the rest of my life if I didn't come here.

Oh that reminds me, you know on Nacho Libre how he rides a bike with a chariot on the front, they have those here. People use them as motorized wheel barrows or something. America should invest in those.  
We have a devotional every Sunday and Tuesday. they are sweet! We learn so much and hear so much advice from our CCM Presidency and Apostles. It is very cool. On Sundays we also watch videos. This last Sunday we watched Only a Stone Cutter. A very sad story about a stone mason on the Salt Lake City Temple. he walked a really long way every morning to get there. He told his wife, Callings are seldom convenient my love. That is how this is. But it is a calling, and it will bless my life I know that. in Omni 1 it talks about devoting your whole soul to this work. I am trying to do that everyday. It is sometimes difficult but i am trying my best. 

How is beta for Destiny Gavin, Isaac and Gabe? tell me about it. (If you already sent me an email about it I'm sorry I haven't read them yet.) play for me!

I love you all and have more stories to share. Please forgive my grammar or spelling errors I am in a hurry, but I hope to talk to you all again soon. Keep reading your scriptures and stuff. 

With yellow shirts and lots of love, 
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment