Monday, October 27, 2014

"I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious." ~ Kipland Dynamite and a Visit from Elder Bednar



This week has been, in the words of Kipland Dynamite, 'I guess you
could say things are getting pretty serious.' We had a pretty sweet
bash with a Hispanic lady that is a Jehovah Witness. (Bashing is frowned
upon in most missionary situations, but due to my lack of experience
and my sudden adrenaline rush when she pulled out her Bible saying,
"well in the Bible it says..." I got carried away.) We talked about
the basic bashing materials, heaven, God and the things that separate
us from Him and how we can return to live with Him. In Spanish, I
surprised myself and, not to get to arrogant, but I laid down the law
in Spanish! But much to my dismay this had little to no effect, it is
kind of like on those Pokemon games from the '90's, "Elder Thomas uses
Ezekiel 37:19!... It is not very effective." But not to fear, my
companion straightened me out and we left with a kind goodbye and a
mormon.org card.

While touching upon the subject of Spanish, I feel I am getting fairly
decent. I am at a point where I translate in my mind but cant keep up.
My companion advised to stop translating. Confused? So was I. But I
did. You just understand. I would compare it to the difficulty those
young boys had in the critically acclaimed film The Sandlot, when they
had to retrieve the baseball signed by Babe Ruth. But in the end they
get it right? (This isn't a rhetorical question, I cant remember what
happens, I never saw the end of that movie.)  But anyway I think I
will manage.

We had a stake conference with 3 or 4 stakes there, so basically
it was the whole area within a 100 mile radius of Monett, Missouri (just about
20 miles south of us.) Elder Bednar spoke and when he walked in we all
stood up. Chills immediately. He spoke of how the keys never go
anywhere by coincident. He then told us several stories of how he has
been put in people's paths over and over because God cares about us
individually. It was very cool, especially because we brought an
Investigator with us.

This is true, this is the way. The only way to know is through the
Book of Mormon. Pray to ask if it is true. Read to know if it is true.
You will find your answer. I love you all, thank you for your prayers!

Love,
Elder Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment