Monday, May 18, 2015

Mom, I'm Getting Reassigned....

     


    Just kidding. I'm not moving, just the mission name is changing. The Arkansas Bentonville Mission. Joanne, our favorite abuelita, said this in response; "I think that is just putrid." When asked why, she said, "Because I'm in Tulsa, not Bentonville!" I think it will be a cool change, but I'll always be part of the OTM.

     Now I would like to share a tender mercy. We have worked really hard this week. Our goal was to have an active member lesson every day and we set them all up on Sunday. Much to our dismay, just about every single one of them had to be reschedule. We worked our tails off trying to find other members and we definitely received some divine help. I was shot just about every day, and not just because of the 'Elder Thomas, Get JACKED' Workout Program, that we've been doing. We have put everything we had into this work and we had our fair share of failures and successes. On one of the days with a few more failures than successes, we walked back to the car with the hopes to head home. We had ended on a high note by inviting a man to church and he said that he was planning on it, but we were still beat. Then we saw an angel. About thirty feet from reaching our car, we hear a man coming toward us. Hat sideways, cigarette in mouth, riding a bike three sizes too small, blasting that hardcore rap you are afraid your children enjoy. He shouted, "Will y'all say a pray for me?!" Then stuck out his arm, high fived us, and rode... wheelied away. Some may say, 'How strange", but to me it lifted my spirits and made me smile. The Lord blesses us in peculiar ways occasionally. I am so glad that we are taken care of by being blessed by 'angels' in disguise. I love this Gospel and know it can help us all.

I love y'all
Adios
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment