Monday, May 4, 2015

Advice and Birthday Cake

Sorry not a lot of time this week.
A piece of advice: Go buy a 52 oz. (or larger)  mug from a gas station of choice. You will be hydrated and able to help a woman fill the radiator of her car when it's overheated.
 
Everyone's favorite 91 year old, Joanne, celebrated her 91st birthday and we were part of it. During service at a man's home where we are in the process of turning a barn into a home, he taught me the ways of making a cake. She loved it, which was a surprise to me, due to the many mess ups I had.
 
We went to her church this week. Many senior citizens all trying to adjust their hearing aids simultaneously in an attempt to hear the pastor. But I loved it and left with an interesting perspective. They had their own form of the sacrament. It was blessed and passed much like ours, and much like ours the songs prepared the minds of the people. It was very reverent and lovely. During the passing, a choir of bells played, each person playing a different one just next to the congregation. It might have been the age of the individuals in attendance or just the lack of small children, but it was so peaceful and spiritual. These people have a genuine desire to follow Christ and it was inspiring. Later that day at our church the congregation sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". The spirit was so strong and powerful and I felt a great appreciation for the knowledge that I have that we are following Him in the most correct ways and I do know that He lives.

I love you all, thank you for taking care of my Dad and Mom and the brothers! Thank you so much, it means the world to me.
Adios,
Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment