Monday, October 5, 2015

Diabeetus

     



     
Time out for meditation...


Choco flan from Lupita!

It was another Monday. We went to Walmart and I got the usual. Milk, cereal, cheese, Triscuits and other fruits. But this day I also needed some medicine. For the past week, I had a dry mouth and asked the pharmacist if there was a medicine to suit such an issue. The woman dismounted her high seat and lead us to an aisle. She asked if I had any other symptoms and and when I said headaches, she lead me back over to the counter and explained to her boss the issue. I only heard a couple of words. "Probably diabetes". Immediate shock, confusion and concerns about my future consumption of pizza flooded my mind. Then it occurred to me that the Walmart Pharmacy in the backwoods of Missouri is not a reliable source for medical advice. Long story short, the mouthwash they gave me cured the dry mouth and I'm fine now. No diabetes.

     In between sessions of General Conference, we visited an investigator to invite them to watch it too. It was an incredible Conference and we wanted as many people to see it as we could. We drove to one investigator but felt prompted to visit another. After arriving and several tries on the door, we figured he wasn't home. I felt that if the Lord had prompted both of us to stop there was something we needed to do. We went to the neighbor, also an investigator, only to find a group of wobble Hispanics carrying a box of beers. The man told us, "Sorry that we can't talk today. We are all drunk." At least he was honest.

     So we sped off but I still felt pulled back. My thoughts wouldn't leave the area, yet we drove on as I dismissed it as my own thoughts. But it came again, and I dismissed it again. Finally, it was too much. With no warning I turned around and went back. When we made it back I remember an older member that lived nearby. Having no idea what to say, we knocked on the door. His older son who lived with them answered and called for his dad. We told him that we were in the area and were wondering if he was going to the Priesthood session later that evening. He said probably not, he had some things to do. We asked if we could help with anything. He pointed to the couch on his porch. We helped him put it in the back of his truck. 

     Had the Lord really prompted us both to only lift a couch in the back of someone's car? At the level I felt the Spirit I was expecting a life threatening event or a miracle or something absolutely nuts. But I believe that sometimes the Spirit calls us to do the little things and that is what will help people more than we can know. Although he still couldn't make it to the session, I left with a good feeling knowing I had done what the Lord needed me to do.

     I love you all! Thanks for the birthday wishes! 

Adios
elder thomas 
A cliff hanger....

No comments:

Post a Comment