Monday, November 2, 2015

Miracles with the Italian Stallion







I apologize in advance for the grammatical errors and lack of understandable words. I just ate a full habanero. That is one of the peppers higher on the Scoville Scale. My mind is in a state of disaster. 

After knocking on what seemed to be every door I had ever seen in the whole city, I remembered one final home. It was a referral of another missionary. He told us it was the 'key lime pie' colored house on a street near Little Guatemala. He told us they had talked with her before but that we should stop by.  The member we were with drove us over there and we knocked on the door. A small Latino lady answered and after a quick exchange of Spanish mumbles we determined there must be two key-lime pie colored houses on the street. We asked her if she was religious and after showing her a video about Christ, she told us her background of leaving her country. She told us of her struggles getting here and her desire to have her family together. She attended church frequently but her husband was a little less strict about his Sabbath observance. Unfortunately, I bore my testimony of an unrelated topic as I suffered from a focus lapse but luckily, my companion bore his testimony of the reality of eternal families and she was all ears. She told us to come back and was one of the more prepared people I have seen. I'm glad we have companions to back us up when distracting bugs interrupt my thought processes.

It was 10:13 and the Sacrament hymn had begun. We spent the whole morning setting up  the translating equipment and my companion sat in the back waiting to start. "E" had not arrived nor any other Spanish speaker. I silently prayed that "E" would have the opportunity to come to church. I was sad but focused on the words we sang. I had prepared more the usual this week and awaited the prayers. The time of the Sacrament passed peacefully and quickly but the moments of peace reminded me of something that our investigators missed this week. Then as the deacons shuffled to the front a door opened to let a little kid inside. He ran in and sat down next to his parents but in the open space of the door I saw one tan child. With the Sacrament over and the testimonies beginning I bolted to the other door with one of the English Elders. We ran around the Church and found in the foyer "E", her cousin, her kids, nieces and nephews entering the Chapel. Although they missed the Sacrament for the most part they stayed for the remainder of the services and loved them all. My brain stopped working after all the translating I did. Heavenly Father heard our prayers and gave them the opportunity and they took it.

Thank you for the prayers and support, I love you all!  

Elder Thomas   

This is the album cover of our smash hit rap album
"International Elders"

      

No comments:

Post a Comment