Monday, November 23, 2015

Sincere Questions

She makes dinner for them every Tuesday. So grateful for the members who take great care of the missionaries!


We were about half way through teaching the 10 Commandments to someone who just woke up. She was trying to focus despite the exhaustion. She is going to get baptized not this Saturday but the next and had a few questions about the commandments. After a slight interruption between the fifth and sixth commandment from a small boy belly-flopping on the couch, the investigator stopped us and asked a question. It was very sincere and out of genuine concern. "How old are you?" she asked looking at me. I told her 20 and she said, "I thought you were much older, because you are loosing all of your hair. Have you gone to a doctor about that?"That is really what happened. I might purchase a toupee.  

I have felt a little bit discouraged as there have been moments this week that have highlighted my weaknesses, and not just rapid hair loss. I was feeling down and things weren't looking up. At dinner that night I asked the husband if he wanted to come on an exchange with us and even though he had a full schedule he came with us. He helped us out and helped out the investigators too. As the night went on, he changed from stressed to kind of happy. He was smiling. After another appointment fell through he stopped our usual conversation about weather patterns in Missouri and said, "You guys are great missionaries. You are making a difference and you are hard workers". It was surprising. We had just knocked on a bunch of doors with no response talked with two people and did nothing incredible. I know for certain that the Lord was working through our exchange to tell me something that He tried to tell me before. It was very kind of him. Not only was he helped but we were too. Service helps both participants. I'm glad I have felt the Savior helping me and I know He knows us all personally.

Thanks for your help and prayers!
Adios
Elder Thomas






Carthage, Missouri City Hall


Elder Vasques

Carthage Comps


No comments:

Post a Comment