Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Back Home (In the sense that I am familiar with this place.)




Hats that cute Lupita made for them before they left Carthage.


Yesterday I was sitting in church and a ward member was helping the Spanish group with a lesson. I was listening and trying to understand the Spanish. It had been about a year since I was in the same spot and now I understood a lot more. I felt like I was back at home. The member asked the most recent convert, who was baptized a year ago, how her faith had grown. She said how much it had changed and the rest of the members said something similar. It is really cool to see that all around me. Excluding the spiritual growth in the Spanish members, nothing has changed other than the Arby's that was built near the highway. I have missed this place and now I feel like I'm back at home. Most of the members of the group planning to go to the temple later on in the year for their endowments. They have grown a lot and I think I have too. We are doing Spanish and English work and there is a lot to be done. We have a lot of support from the ward and the Bishop. Everyone is cheering us on and we couldn't feel more blessed or happy. It is such a blessing to be back in this place and work with my friend again.

Thanks for your prayers and support!

Adios,
Elder Thomas

Saying good-bye to companions in Carthage!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment