Monday, January 25, 2016

Meetings, Cookies and a Baptism



Elder Thomas and his companion Elder Millett ~ Photo credit  Becky Nield

I had some things I was going to write however the wind had another idea. While we were typing about 5 hours ago it was really windy and suddenly the electricity went out, then it came back on then went out again and then repeated this process for just long enough to make us just frustrated enough to leave and go buy some apple fritters at the local Save-a-Lot. However, we still have time. 


This week we had a world wide broadcast for missionary work, we walked up to a house in the dark and were about 4 feet away from meeting a possum disturbed from its sleep on someones door step , and we had a baptism of a lady which provided all of us to feel the peace that the Gospel brings. Another week in the life.

I saw an answer to a prayer as well. I was assigned to give not one, not two, but three talks in the space of 48 hours and two meetings. And due to the recent increase in meetings this week I had about 15 minutes here and 10 minutes there to prepare all of them. I prayed that I could do it. We got a call later on and one of the talks was covered! Two to go. After a brief prayer for help, and with the minutes I had, I threw something together and had two talks ready to go. Then came another call. "Hey Elders, can you teach 2nd hour today?" This one had no preparation and we were just given the manual. I prayed that we could help the Spanish group feel the Spirit and that they would participate. Moments after the prayer, one of the ladies spoke up and asked a stream of questions that eventually became a large portion of the lesson and helped get everyone involved.

Sometimes when I read my friend's emails I think I don't see miracles, but when we pray specifically, we get specific blessings. It is a small miracle but evidence that God loves us nonetheless. 

Thank you for your support and love!
Adios
Elder Thomas
The possum waiting for their arrival.... 
Loved seeing the Nield family again! Thanks for the photos Becky!!

Baptism in Monett

No comments:

Post a Comment