Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year


Elder Marques baptized the sisters and Elder Thomas confirmed them.

A recent convert in our Spanish group is part of a Catholic family. They were against everything she had to do with the church. The missionaries would pass by and talk with her and her family would run away into their rooms or the kitchen. Last week, however, something different occurred. We knocked on the door to find the uninterested sister of the woman we were looking for, but surprisingly she invited us in. We began talking with her and then somehow ended up discussing religion. She told us she wasn't sure if she'd believe in the Book of Mormon but after a little explanation she said she would. Then her sister arrived and the now interested sister took off. This week we passed by again. The recent convert wasn't home but the sister was and again she let us in and she told us she had been reading in the Book of Mormon! Then she asked if we could explain more! We taught the whole Restoration and are planning to teach her again. The recent convert also told us that nearly her whole family has shown some interest in the Book of Mormon and has read a little of it! We hope one day we can explain the whole story to them.


     E, the woman that was baptized a month ago, has two nieces that were baptized. If anyone needs evidence that there is an opposing force in this world, go plan and have a baptism. If anyone needs evidence that there is a loving Father in Heaven, also, go plan and have a baptism. It was 6:15 and the baptism started at 6:00, and there was no sign of the girls. We had called twenty minute prior and they said they were on their way. We attempted to call again. The phone was off. We could do nothing but wait. Elder Marques asked if we should pray. We went into a side room and knelt down. The girls arrived shortly after we ended the prayer. The baptism was really peaceful and our good friend who we have been working with for a while came as well.

     The following day something similar happened. Sacrament meeting started and the opening prayer was said. One of the counselor stood and said that the confirmation would now take place at the front of the chapel. But there was one major issue. They weren't there. We were running around in the back of the room looking at every entrance we could for those two little girls and we couldn't find them. Their aunt's phone was off but we had stopped by their house that morning and they said they were coming. I signaled to the counselor that they weren't here and they proceeded with the Sacrament. Among the running and searching and calling, I heard the Spirit tell me, don't worry they will be here. We sat down for the Sacrament and I started thinking who we needed to send to go see if they needed a ride, but I heard the same voice, don't worry they will be here. A recent convert sat behind us and asked if she needed to go, and I thought about it and heard the Spirit again say, don't worry they will be here. I told my companion and the recent convert something similar to what I had heard and tried to focus on the Sacrament. As I thought about the prayers and the words I felt peace. It was like when you put a really hot pan in water. The energy leaves and the steaming pan cools off. I felt that as well. I had faith they would arrived and focused on the Sacrament. In the middle of the sacrament, a door opened up in the front and here came E, M, and J. E was again noticeably winded and they came and sat down behind us. They were confirmed and the Spirit was felt by a lot of us who were a part of it.

     It is such a blessing to see miracles everyday in my mission. I think sometimes I take it for granted but I try to try my best and I see amazing things everyday.


I love you all and thank you!

Adios
Elder Thomas







  

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment