Monday, February 22, 2016

OKC and an Apostle

Thank you Riley and Whitney for the photo!  Conference with Elder Christofferson.
It was approximately 3:20am and an alarm went off and Elder Thomas didn't move. 
     This is how the trip to Tulsa began. We got word that an Apostle would be visiting our mission but didn't know if the missionaries in Missouri would get to see him in Tulsa. We got a call from President and we were on. The adversary did a lot to try and stop us and distract us. His efforts were truly ridiculous and remarkable. Such as the alarm not working as well as it should of, but luckily my companion awoke and got us up in the nick of time. The whole week and especially that morning I really tried to remain in a state of mind to receive counsel and answers to my questions.      We met in Tulsa not too long after and met up with another mission. It was really similar to meeting bizarro ABM. So I immediately began my search for bizarro Elder Thomas with not much luck. 
     We all sat down and prepared to hear from Elder Christofferson. One of the only things I really wanted from the meeting was that feeling that the Spirit brings when you stand up for a representative of the Lord, and in that small way show your respect for Him. I was reading and trying to prepare when I saw one of my past companions sit down behind me. I talked with him for a little bit and we shared our past travels, when suddenly a man in a suit walked through the door nearest to us. We all stood and I didn't feel what I had wanted. 
     Now, It might have just been something that i wasn't meant to feel but I think if I would've been more focused, not looking for bizarro Elder Thomas and talking instead of studying, I would have felt it. I taught me to always be ready for the Spirit to tell you something. But we can always repent.
     I felt the Spirit later as he left us with his blessing, promising us help in our missionary efforts and strength. I know that he was a representative from God. 
     Thank you for all your help and I love you all!
Adios,
Elder Thomas
Goat in a truck.

Me in 'Cambodia' AKA Lowe's

Love this tie that my friend Jordyn sent me!  She recently returned from her mission in Mexico.




No comments:

Post a Comment