Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Pallet Jack Thomas and Roid Raging Machete Millett present, incorporation with Tearless Keyboard and One Eyed Cougar with help from the Purple Turban Group: Festering Function

It was decided early on in the transfer that Elder Millett and I would become that greatest techno band the world has ever known. The lengthy title of this email is our band names and the album name. Most of them were acquired while roaming the streets of Monett and lifting weights in the morning with a recent convert. (Yes, you read that correctly, that skinny kid you knew a while back is lifting weights and drinking Arnold Schwarzenegger Whey Protein, the results have been less than impressive.) Laugh if you will at the names or recent protein intake increase, but we will be the best! Just kidding it has been pretty ridiculous.

     We were banished to our apartment for Super Bowl Sunday unless we had an appointment. We kind of had an appointment but it wasn't really set and we easily could visit them later. I was already in my gym shorts when the thought came that we needed to go. After some battling in my mind I consulted with my companion and we were off. 

     We have been working with another recent convert and their family through some rough patches of their lives. Last night we stopped by their house as the Super Bowl was wrapping up. We spent some time discussing our mutual appreciation for LIttle Caesar's pizza and our mutual concern for the fashion in the Missouri federal prison. They brought up the problems and they were not easy. I didn't really know what to say. I searched for an answer to the hard questions they posed. In my empty mind, I found a prompting of the Spirit and it told me talk about how blessings can give us peace and direction. They got blessings and if nothing else, it made me feel better. But something more did happen. The usually serious father ran up and gave me a hug.

     It is incredible to see how much our Heavenly Father will help us, and us being the servants and the ones needing help. I am so glad the Lord gives helps to someone who is really weak, me, to do His work.
     I love you all and hope you will all be able to see the hand of the Lord as much as missionaries do! 

Adios
Elder Thomas      

the picture is of the pallet jack        

No comments:

Post a Comment