Monday, February 15, 2016

Tantas Estrellas Azules



Remember the cute burro from his letter in December of 2014?  He got to see him again!

     The creation of band names continues. Tantas Estrellas Azules is number one right now, in a close second: One Missed Call From Moses. I will update you all if there are more.

     This week started slowly. We knocked a lot of doors, with not much luck, but we did talk with a lot of members. We talked with them and when the Spirit came into the room we invited them to pray with us right then and ask Heavenly Father who they know that needs the Gospel. It helped members and us feel the Spirit and we found a whole bunch of people. It was really neat being able to feel the Spirit with them.

     I have a suggestion for all missionaries. If you are searching for people to teach with not much success, call up your 18 year old recent convert friend and have him come knocking doors with you on a Sunday afternoon in the cold. We told him at church that we wanted to take him on a mission preparation exchange, or in other words walk around with him in the cold talking with people. I thought that it would be less than fruitful and hoped for the best, but we prayed and asked specifically for a certain number of people we could set up return appointments with and a certain number of people we could teach and have a lesson with. Then we were off. 
     The first two were empty, but as I stepped off the stairs of one house I saw a puff of smoke rising from the neighboring porch. I asked him how it was going and then the conversation began. He told us he would love to know more and that we could stop by whenever we wanted. He continued and said he has two little girls he wanted to get into a church for his family. We walked away pretty shocked. We had been knocking doors for a week with no real results and now the first one with someone home could've been baptized that evening in the river. 
     One of the next houses was pretty similar. A man came to the door who looked like he could've killed me with any given object on his messy porch. After a little conversation he said, "Yeah come back again!" Possible murder to possible investigator in minutes. The rest of the afternoon was pretty similar. The words of the prophetic prayer were heard and fulfilled and we found the people we had prayed for. It ended with the recent convert saying, "Man, I should could out with you guys more often". I will let you know, this doesn't happen every day, therefore, I believe it was a tender mercy and a miracle.

     Remember the miracle referral from a couple weeks ago? After we ate a rich cake from Mardi Gras with them, we asked them about their belief in God. They were unsure. Many hard questions were asked and we didn't have the answers. This family was having a crisis of faith and their questions nearly shook mine. I have been more aware of Heavenly Father's hand in my life since that conversation and I have seen it frequently. I feel more sure in my testimony now than when I shared it with them, but I know that Heavenly Father loves us and lets bad things happen for our good. And He exists to help us. I would invite you all, like we invited them, to pray to feel His love and if you do, you will have that feeling.

Thank you for your prayers! I love you all!
Adios,
Elder Thomas   


He loved his Valentine Gift!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment