Monday, June 13, 2016

Hay

25 days left??
Service in a sombrero


Sword mania

DP Taco Treat


There is nothing quiet like loading hay into a barn. A large portion of my mission was spent in farm country. Here in Walmart-ville, I have almost missed the cows and nearly endless farmland. But this weekend we went to help a family with some hay. They had a couple fields and a lot of hay. After corralling all the cows and dogs out of our way, we all loaded into the back of their trucks and trailers and drove to a field. Like something out of Middle earth, the hilly field stretched on forever and was surrounded with trees. At its elevated level you could see as far as the eye could see and bask in its heaven-like aura. But after loading four or five loads, the picturesque scenery quickly changed into the hottest place on the planet Earth with six sweaty Elders gathering the remaining hay bails. I've come to love that kind of service for some reason even though my arms looked like I got in a fight with a hoard of baby kittens. 

     The referrals keep on coming. Yesterday, a new wave of interns for Walmart came to the YSA branch and one brought a friend. His name is Alex, but when I handed him our phone to type in his number he saw it and said, "Guardar? This in Spanish  means I need to type in "Alejandro". After that I had a feeling I was going to get along with this guy. We hope to visit him soon. The blessings have been coming and I have seen how the Savior is a very personal Friend.

     Last night, we had some complications with some things and I prayed to know how we could fix them and how I could remain happy to help others. My answer came by the FHE message that they shared. A bunch of families from the ward came to a house to eat and we were invited. The bishop shared the message. He gave a girl a piece of gum and also put a rock in her shoe. He told her to chew the gum and walk around. He asked what she noticed and she said the rock. He said, we need to focus on the good and not let the bad drag us down. He quoted Elder Wirthlin who shared a story of his mother who said, "Come what may and love it". Moments after I prayed my answer came. I am so glad I have a testimony and know all this truth. Thank you for all your help and prayers too.

Adios,
Elder Thomas  

No comments:

Post a Comment