Monday, June 27, 2016

Que Thomas?



Elder Thomas is the one with his hands up in the far, far back!
The bus loaded up around 6:30 a.m. and we all were off to the temple. We drove up to Kansas City and filled the entire temple. If you haven't been to the temple with your mission before, I would highly suggest it. Quite an adventure. We all had a great spiritual time.


Our church time is at 1 and at 2:30. Spanish and then YSA. Before church we had a couple people to visit. All of which were not home. As usual, there we were, not much of a plan. We remembered the less active man and knocked on his door. A little old hispanic woman answered, frowning. When she saw who it was her whole expression changed and she said 'come on in'. A much younger man, named Thomas as well, was sitting down, eating breakfast. He told us to come in, offered us some water and then asked, "did the bishop send you?". We said he hadn't we were just visiting families in the neighborhood. He said, "I just talked with him and told him I don't want to be part of the church anymore". I went on to tell us what he was studying. It went on for some time. I prayed to know what we needed to say. We obviously were placed here for a reason. I felt after a while that I should testify. I jumped into his conversation and told him we were tocayos, meaning we have the same name, and then told him that God still loved him and some other things I knew to be true. That was all he would let me say. We left and I realized the only reason we went there was to let this man know that God still loved him. Even though he is in a different path and doesn't want to hear it, he is still loved by His Father in Heaven. I don't know what he felt or if he felt anything but I am so glad I had the opportunity to share what I know. I am glad that I know God loves me. 

Thank you for your help and prayers!
Adios,
Elder Thomas  

Brother Laudie is married to Jeff's cousin.  How exciting that he got to see him again!

President and Sister Loveland at Liberty Jail.

Museum they visited.  



No comments:

Post a Comment