Monday, May 23, 2016

Serving in his 3rd state....Rogers, Arkansas! Where Walmart was born....


We drove past a member of the church who hasn't been in a long time and saw his motorcycle glistening in the sun. Because of last week's experience with talking to a recent convert about his motorcycle, I considered myself capable to engage in a conversation about motorcycles. We knocked on his door and I asked him about it. He explained the small metal pig that was welded to the front and the paint job and then the mechanics. I was lost pretty quick but we asked him if we could stop by later and he said sure. The next time his wife joined us. She isn't a member but after a brief discussion about the restoration, she said she'd be baptized. We are visiting with her on Wednesday.  The Lord is guiding us all the time.



P was baptized, but like most victories it didn't come without a battle or two. P was hit with sleeplessness. He slept for 2 hours a night. J, P's wife, was hit with a lot of pain in her spine that needs surgery. But even though P had a lot going on, on Saturday he was baptized. After he changed he came in and looked at us. He whispered thank you to us as he sat down. I teared up as assumed. It was the Lord and we were like a fly on a wall. I really have seen the Lord's guiding hand. 

I got transfer calls. For my last transfer I am going to Rogers, Arkansas. I have never served in Arkansas and I am excited. Thank you for the prayers and support! 

Adios,
Elder Thomas   

Laundry Attack

Poor squirrel...

America...

Corner of Wilson and Maple...

The Nield family, from Ian's mission, were visiting Utah, so I couldn't resist a quick hello with them.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment