Monday, May 30, 2016

In the City Again.....

He didn't send any photos this week, so I am re-posting one of our
favorites that he sent while in Carthage....


Rogers is much like Utah. Joggers, floral hats and fancy socks are as common as hipster music. However, my apartment complex is a bit of an anomaly. Everyone in my apartment complex is Indian.  Therefore, I am the only american in the entire complex. My companion is from Guatemala and the rest are from India. Its pretty cool to talk with a lot of different culture here. I've already learned a lot. 

With change comes learning and these past few days have taught me that. I felt pretty confident in my last area, as anyone would after nearly 18 months in the same stake, but here was totally new. I have already learned a lot and hope to learn more. 

I had to give a talk in the YSA ward and had a moment of realization. I know nobody here and everything is extremely new. I felt like I should be more familiar with all this and should be use to it, but I wasn't. I prayed earlier that day that I could get the strength I needed so I could help those around me. I was worried but moments later two familiar faces entered the little chapel. It was two members I knew from the Monett stake who were coming to see the YSA branch. It was so great to see some friendly faces and it gave me the help I needed. Prayer is a real source of help for me and I know it can help us all. 
Thanks fro your prayers and support!

Adios,
Elder Thomas   

No comments:

Post a Comment