Monday, May 16, 2016

"Y'ins like Cheese!?"




My new ride....

The cheese...


Waiting to get a nail out of our tire.
The heat has increased this week. In a trailer park we were getting sunburned. We knocked on a door and a man opened it, picking up a dog with his other hand. He was shirtless and his dog was toothless. The conversation slowly drifted from the summer heat to the spiritual matters. He expressed his lack of interest and immediately said, "Y'ins like fresh milk?" I said, of course, having become accustomed to fresh cow milk living in this part of the world. I also said I love fresh cheese. Then he exploded, "Y'ins like cheese?!" He gestured back into his home and closed the door. We turned at each other awaiting something exciting to tell the people back at home. He returned with a lovely packaged cut of cheese. Although it came from a trailer from a shirtless man, with toothless dog in hand, it looked great. I hadn't eaten much that day so we took it. So with cheese in hand, we left and then he gave us a referral. That part was pretty cool because then that referral gave us a referral and then that referral gave us a referral too. Lots of people in 15 minutes. Well, I still had the cheese and it was hot. Cheese and heat go together poorly so we decided the only thing to do was eat it. We had a long drive in the country to enjoy the cheese and it was like something out of a dream. The cheese was incredible! Then something happened. We had been breaking pieces off it and then we were left with a little piece. I noticed a little white piece on it that was not the same color as the rest. Yes, it was mold. At that moment I realized I wasn't paying any attention to the pieces I was eating. I was pretty sure I ate some mold and same with my companion. Whoops. No noticeable side effects occurred luckily and that in itself could be a miracle. 


We met a guy named J. He told us to stop by later. Later was two weeks later and he told us he did a little research. Little research was reading everything on lds.org, all of Preach My Gospel, etc. Everything BUT the Book of Mormon. It was crazy.

P will be baptized on Saturday and the adversary is not happy. His wife has had a hard time and so has he. However, besides all of the problems that have arisen they called us on Friday. "Hey Elder Andruski, remember how you wanted a guitar?" They told him they found one and they would buy it if he paid them back. They went out of their way to serve us. Looking for a guitar and buying him a song book so he could learn. They have been helping us in their hard times and it has been inspiring to me.
Thank you all for your prayers and support!

Adios,
Elder Thomas  
"Service with fire...my favorite!"



No comments:

Post a Comment