Monday, May 2, 2016

Storms and Such

Ian received a photo of the Assistants dunking.  Here was his response.


   Other than the frantic tornado warning text we got from the assistants one night, this week has been great! The text told us to get our bike helmets on and extra water near our bed. Conveniently, we had just returned from a Dairy Queen trip to wrap up the night. I had a giant water cup and so all I was missing was the bike helmet. Not a drop of rain had fallen nor did it appear likely to have a storm within in the next little while. Apparently it rained pretty hard and thunder shook the homes of nearby towns, but lucky for me I have developed the ability to sleep through nearly anything expect for the sound of our phone alarm. No damage was done nearby and we continued on as normal.


     We went to Dollar General a couple weeks ago. Dollar General is about as cool as the mall in these small towns. As we left, Elder Millett said, 'I think we have to go back inside'. He continued to tell me that a woman inside, named R, was a past potential investigator and he felt like he needed to talk with her. I was a little thirsty, so with refreshing beverage in hand, I waited in line. Elder Millet pointed to the lady in front of me and said that was her. I didn't know what else to say, so I asked her, 'Is your name R?' She turned around and said, 'Yes. I should've called you guys'. We exchanged information and now we are teaching her. This week we taught her and her two sons outside of their home in the countryside. It was a relaxing Spirit that we all felt. A few days ago we got a text, it read, 'We have been praying about what you invited us to do and we all want to be baptized'. She went on to say that she is trying to get her husband involved as well. I have never taught a whole family before and I feel pretty blessed to be part of their story. 

     Another investigator, named P, is progressing as well. Despite the pain he and his wife experience because of their recent surgeries, they came to church. Our last lesson we had with them ended with him sharing a goal he had with us. He said he wanted to be sealed with his wife in the temple. Pretty incredible. 

     We taught another lady named T. She is going through a lot and we caught her last night as she finished doing some yard work. We taught the plan of salvation and she was smiling the whole time. She said she would be baptized and pray about a date.

     Sometimes I think, 'Wow, I have done a lot here,' but the missionaries are just a tool in the Lord's hand. We are seeing a lot of miracles here and they just keep coming. I feel so blessed to be a witness to God working in the lives of His children. Thank you for your prayers and support, They are being answered everyday.

Adios,
Elder Thomas

Tornado Watch


No comments:

Post a Comment