Monday, March 30, 2015

Tulsa ~ Our thoughts and prayers are with you Brady family.




We love you Nannette and Brady family!



Helping someone move in Broken Arrow, OK
Elder Thomas' companion...
gluten free cake

Tulsa is roughly larger than Salt Lake City as far as I know. It is much more diverse than Aurora. And apparently before I got here there was a tornado.

  The Branch here is entirely Hispanic. It was overwhelmingly cool. I am so used to English but now it is full submersion. The people here are really nice to the missionaries and their food is pretty awesome, if this doesn't make me fat nothing will. 

   We received a lukewarm welcome into my first neighborhood. I struck up a conversation with some African-American kids about everyone's favorite team the OKC Thunder. The neighborhood was a little run down and I can imagine why the following occurred. The father of the home emerged from behind the curtain used as the door. He was tall and could've easily killed me by just giving me a hard stare down. I was noticeably shaken, and began to back away from the house. In a longer conversation then he said, beat it! Welcome to Tulsa.

   We met a woman about the age of 91. She talks with the missionaries often and she is the only woman that we can visit without a man as well. We went over and found her sitting down in her chair talking about her favorite team, yes you guessed it, the OKC Thunder. (I swear I'm not in Oklahoma City.) She told us that there were Cokes in the fridge and that she needed help fixing her shower curtain and putting away some bowls. She is probably one of the nicest people I've met in my life. At the close of our discussion she spoke about past missionaries and her friends then she had me sign her book and give her my parents number. So, if you get a call from Joanne, she can relay me a message. 

     Please pray for the Brady family. They will be taken care of. I watched the Because He lives video right after I heard the news. Christ does live. He is there for us whenever we need Him. I have seen Him help me every day of my mission and I know He can help us every day of our lives if we ask for His help.
     
     Thanks for the prayers and support, I love you all!




delivering the cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment